Musculoskeletal Dry Needling
At Macarthur Natural Health Clinic our practitioners are certified to provide a form of Western Acupuncture known as Musculoskeletal Dry Needling. It is a treatment modality that can be provided in conjunction with your Chiropractic treatments.
Dry Needling targets myofascial trigger points – sore tight spots in a muscle that can be tender to touch. These trigger spots form within a muscle, producing a high concentration of chemicals which pool within a hypersensitive band. A sterile needle is inserted into the band which helps to ‘reset’ the chemical levels, relaxing the muscle and working to reduce pain.
Dry Needling also stimulates the circulatory system to alleviate swelling from an acutely injured or swollen joint. It also promotes blood flow to damaged tissues to stimulate a healing response.
Suitable for a range of musculoskeletal conditions including
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (Tennis or Golfer’s elbow, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)
- Adhesive Capsulitis (Frozen Shoulder)
- Back or neck pain (Disc, SIJ injuries)
- Hip and knee conditions
- Headache and Migraine relief
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ)
- Sporting injuries (muscle tears, sprained ankles)